Free v1.8 Update for James Tyler Variax Modeling Guitars!
Now available for download at line6.com, the free v1.8 update update gives all James Tyler® Variax® modeling guitars five next-generation acoustic guitar models based on* celebrated 6- and 12-string acoustics from Martin®, Guild® and Gibson®. If you play your JTV with a POD® HD500 or POD® HD Pro multi-effect processor, the v1.8 update also includes enhanced functionality to make your JTV/POD HD experience even more intuitive and powerful.
Watch the overview movie now.
- New modeling technology. Our new breakthrough acoustic guitar modeling technology gives the five models breathtaking depth and detail, capturing the subtle nuances of string vibration through the soundboard and the tonewoods of the original modeled guitar body.
- Five updated models. The updated models are based on* the Martin® D28, Martin® D12-28, Martin® 0-18, Guild® 12 String, and Gibson® J200 acoustic guitars.
- Variax Knobs as Controllers. Variax Tone and Volume knobs can act like expression pedals, controlling different aspects of your tone such as delay time, amp drive or anything else you want. Controllers are capable of driving up to 50+ POD HD parameters simultaneously, making it possible to morph between sounds with a single guitar knob.
- Variax Toggle Switch Behavior (Local Control). To provide smooth, intuitive transitions, you can choose whether the Volume, Tone and Pickup Selector switch will control both the model and magnetic pickups simultaneously, or lock the model and only affect the magnetic pickups. For example, when layering acoustic models with the magnetic pickups, you can lock the acoustic model controls so that tweaking knobs and switching pickups when playing the electric sound won’t affect the sound of the acoustic when you switch back.
- New Input Selections. The new input selections — “Variax” and “Variax Mags” — allow you to assign any configuration of magnetic pickups and Variax models per POD HD preset. The new “Variax” input selection also recalls whether you were using mags or models per preset, allowing you to pick up exactly where you left off – no need for manual selection or input changes.
- POD HD/Variax Custom Tuning Creation. Now you can create custom Variax tunings for any or all of your POD HD presets. Save and recall them per preset — and get up to 512 unique custom guitar tunings with instant footswitch control.
- Variax Control Mode (Global/Preset). Choose whether you want to assign Variax guitar models and Local Control settings globally, or on a per-preset basis. Alternately, you can get complete manual control by choosing not to control Variax settings with POD presets.
*All product names are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with Line 6. These trademarks of other manufacturers are used solely to identify the products of those manufacturers whose tones and sounds were studied during Line 6’s sound model development. Martin is a registered trademark of Dreadnought, Inc. Gibson is a registered trademark of Gibson Guitar Corp. Guild is a registered trademark of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation.