These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Issue with UX2, constant Buzzing
by XeroJager on 2011-04-30 16:17:28

hey there

I have a Line 6 UX2 running on the newest pod farm, and newest stable Drivers that line 6 has to offer

My setup is:
UX2 going going into computer via USB

Computer using AMD Turion 64X2 TL-60 2.00Ghz

2.5GB RAM

Widnows 7 32Bit

Audio out from Headphone Jack to M-Audio Studiophone AV30 monitors

So here's my issue:

My Setup worked fine, 100% with no hitches whatsoever, worked in every USB port, etc etc, but as of recently i've been getting alot of buzz

from my interface.

Upon plugging it in, nothing, no buzz, i can run applications and listen to music just fine. I turn my POD Farm on, and suddenly buzz like CRAZY

I plug my guitar in and it sounds like there's already some gain put onto the guitar, even with a dry signal, so i thought it would just be the noise

gates being off/not set correctly, this was not the case. I did everything i could, and nothing seemed to work.

Turning POD Farm off, the buzzing still persisted and nothing stopped it unless i unplugged the interface and went back to my onboard sound card, rending the UX2 useless.

i DID notice that when it was on, i would go to reach for any knob on the UX2, or even the headphone input, it would buzz even more

could be a grounding problem?

What do you guys have to say?

Thanks

Re: RE: Issue with UX2, constant Buzzing
by Line6Don on 2011-05-03 11:52:00

Hey XeroJager,

Make sure that you are connecting your POD Studio UX2 directly to a USB port, and are not using a USB hub, extension, or keyboard of any kind. Preferably connect it to a USB port on the back of your computer. Make sure to disconnect any unnecessary USB devices as well when troubleshooting.

Please make sure to reference our USB Audio Troubleshooting:

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-4282

Windows 7 consumes a lot of your systems resources, optimizing Windows 7 can increase your performance. Some Windows 7 Optimizations can be found at the links below:

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-2085

http://www.pcworld.com/article/172351/optimize_your_windows_7_pc.html

You also mentioned that your computer is using a AMD chipset. It has been know that AMD chipsets and windows 7 have experienced USB problems. For information regarding removing the AMD USB filter, please follow the link below:

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-2215

I hope this helps.

by XeroJager on 2011-05-06 15:53:15

As far as the AMD filter goes, i have found any ATI Catalyst/AMD settings on my computer.

Everything else has been unplugged, no USB hubs have been used, and all USB plugs have been tested, problem persists.

As far as optimizing the UX2 for my computer, i have done i possibly can, still to no avail.

RE: Issue with UX2, constant Buzzing
by Line6david on 2011-05-06 16:45:05

Hi,

Is the computer a laptop? If so, does it still hum if you are running off of the battery?

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

by XeroJager on 2011-05-06 17:06:14

Computer IS a laptop, and i have not tried without charger simply because battery is shot (Lol i know.)

I should be replacing battery AND charger soon, so i'll see what comes from it.

RE: Issue with UX2, constant Buzzing
by Line6Don on 2011-05-09 09:38:03

Hey XeroJager,

Please double check your guitar and guitar cables and make sure that they are not the source of the buzz on their own.

In addition, please try adjusting the buffer size of the UX2. To do so, launch the Line6 Audio-MIDI Device Menu located on your control panel. Try increasing the buffer size, lower buffer sizes can create buzz/distortion if the computer is not powerful enough to stream the audio fast enough.

by XeroJager on 2011-05-09 15:17:35

Did all of that, cables are intact and good, used every setting possible for buffering/processing, still no progress.

On the VERY SAME SETUP, i plugged in my Older GX into my computer, loaded up pod farm, did whatever, and it ran 100 percent fine, no buzz, no interference, no nothing. Audio from other programs ran fine, Audio from guitar ran clean, and post-processed audio ran clean swell.

Defective UX2?

by Kneehow on 2011-05-10 14:02:01

Based on everything that you've tried and posted here, yes. I assume every single component (USB port/cable/host computer) remained constant except for the UX2 versus your older GX.

If so, then yes probably a hardware issue inside the UX2.

I have created a support ticket for you regarding this situation.  A support ticket allows you to directly correspond with a Line 6 Support Representative. An email will be sent to you from Line 6 containing a link if a Line 6 support representative determines that a ticket is necessary to troubleshoot your issue. Please follow the link in the email to view your open ticket to work one on one with Line 6 Support.

http://line6.com/account/tickets/view/

Re: Issue with UX2, constant Buzzing
by jalenbuer on 2013-03-04 12:34:31

I am also having an issue with buzzing. Whenever I strum there is an annoying buzz/crackle that follows it. I checked all my guitar jacks, and all my cables. I even bought a new cable to make sure. Can someone help me out?

Re: Issue with UX2, constant Buzzing
by rasmus15951 on 2013-03-17 10:47:57

Do you have a laptop?

I have a laptop and I have buzz but it only appears when I have the charger plugged in

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.