These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: James Tyler Variax Guitars

Support community for JTV.

My JTV-69 neck has problems...help!!!
by pugdealer on 2011-12-12 03:11:24

Hey guys

I've posted a discussion regarding this, but I needed to mark it as a question. I get those problems of the E strings falling off the fretboard, and I also noticed the edges of the fretboard are sanded/polished in a way that it seems and feels like the edged are "scalloped". I'm really disappointed with this finish, and I find myself having to avoid bending on the E strings, cause sometimes they fall off the fretboard.

Can I ask Line 6 for a replacement? I'm really regretting choosing the 69...I think I'd be better off with a 59 as they don't seem to have all these issues!!!

I can't really show the "gravity" of the situation with this photo, but it's really the best I could take! I think that, at least on the bottom part of the fretboard edge, you can see that "scalloped" effect

I also have a wood chip next to the 18th dot inlay!

IMG_2308.jpg

Re: My JTV-69 neck has problems...help!!!
by Line6david on 2011-12-14 15:52:46

Hi,

I created a support ticket for you so we can resolve this issue. Please respond to the ticket. Thanks.

Q: What is a support ticket?

A: A support ticket allows you to directly correspond with a Line 6 Support Representative. An email will be sent to you from Line 6 containing a link if a Line 6 support representative determines that a ticket is necessary to troubleshoot your issue. Please follow the link in the email to view your open ticket to work one on one with Line 6 Support.

Please note: Sometimes support tickets will be filtered to spam and junk folders. If you did not receive an email from us indicating that a ticket has been created, please make sure to check those folders in your email host.

http://line6.com/account/tickets/view/

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.