These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Broken USB-port on HD500
by JiiJiiPee on 2012-03-27 22:27:19

Hi everyone,

I've got the exactly same problem as Chorbz01 on http://line6.com/support/thread/76165. I bought a POD HD500 from Thomann and it worked great, but the pins in the usb port got bent. I don't even know how that happened, I only know that it wasn't because of misuse because I was very careful with it and only used the usb-connection once before. I also noticed that the port is missing the plastic block also mentioned in Chorbz01's thread and I believe that's the reason the pins are bent.

Anyways, I contacted Thomann and sent them the HD500, but now the service center is saying the repair won't go under warranty since the pins are bent! Yeah, but that's because there was no plastic block in there to protect the pins from getting bent... I've also submitted a ticket to line6, but have gotten no reply yet. From Thomann they said I have to reply in 14 days (now 9 days left) whether I accept the repair that will cost me 100 euros or they will send me back the HD500 without repairing it and I have to pay the postage costs. So I'm in a hurry to hear from line6 on this issue! So, line6, if you're reading this, please respond to the message I sent to you (threadID:42899).

I appreciate the way that line6 has worked with their customers in the past and hope that this issue can be resolved soon!

With Best Regards,

Joosua

Re: Broken USB-port on HD500
by Damageplan on 2012-03-30 14:41:51

Hi,

I also had the problem with a broken USB Port and I also got my HD500 from Thomann,

see my message and how the service guys from Thomann helped me out here:

http://line6.com/support/message/357856#357856

Write a mail to the Thomann service center and I'm sure they try their best to help you out!

Good luck

Matthias

by Line6david on 2012-04-10 11:46:00

Hi,

I created a support ticket for you so we can resolve this issue. Please respond to the ticket. Thanks.

Q: What is a support ticket?

A: A support ticket allows you to directly correspond with a Line 6 Support Representative. An email will be sent to you from Line 6 containing a link if a Line 6 support representative determines that a ticket is necessary to troubleshoot your issue. Please follow the link in the email to view your open ticket to work one on one with Line 6 Support.

Please note: Sometimes support tickets will be filtered to spam and junk folders. If you did not receive an email from us indicating that a ticket has been created, please make sure to check those folders in your email host.

http://line6.com/account/tickets/view/

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

by JiiJiiPee on 2012-04-10 22:02:05

Hello and sorry for the delay in replying.

A representative of line6 has contacted me and asked me for the details of my hd500. After that I didn't hear anything for some time, but now I've gotten a message from Thomann saying that the hd500 is being returned to me repaired without cost! So, thanks a lot line6 for helping out on this issue!

by holeshot1982 on 2012-04-11 03:57:41

Yeah, kudos to Line 6 for stepping up....

by aker27 on 2012-11-01 21:02:23

Hi,

I have this problem with my POD HD500, however the authorised service centre in Australia has gon in receivership. Line 6, can you provide me with an alternate service centre where I can service my POD?

Thanks

by jimsreynolds on 2012-11-02 03:18:01

Do not reply on Line 6 seeing this post.  They will probably not.

You can contact Line 6 either at the link below   http://line6.com/company/contact/service_center_help/

Or contact them directly at their international HQ.

Line 6 - North America

Line 6, Inc.
26580 Agoura Road
Calabasas, CA 91302-1921

Main Phone#: (818) 575-3600

Main Fax#: (818) 575-3601

Customer Service hours are 8am - 5pm M-F Pacific Time

Press option 3 for Customer Service

Our busiest hours are from 11am to 2 pm.

by rmaginnis on 2013-02-16 14:43:31

It was a very sad day today to see that my USB port is broken and no way of downloading patches or using my unit as a sound card

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.