Update Your POD X3 for Free!
Get enhanced MIDI control, intuitive interface improvements and ... wait for it ... an ultra-cool power-up splash screen for your POD® X3!
Flash Memory v1.2, the new update that's available now, includes these great enhancements and fixes:
• Momentary display of amp tone knobs (for POD X3 and POD X3 Live only)
• Greatly enhanced MIDI functionality including tone toggle, MIDI support via the external jacks, and more! (See the MIDI Continuous Controller Reference for more info)
• Ultra-cool power-up splash screen (for POD X3 and POD X3 Live only)
• Minor change to digital tube models improves higher harmonics
• Tweakable FX Loop parameters via the onboard expression pedal (for POD X3 Live only)
• Room reflections no longer sweep from left to right (for POD X3 only)
• Assignable FBV Loop switch can now control Tone 2 (for POD X3 and POD X3 Pro only)
1. Open Line 6 Monkey, and make sure you're running the latest version (signified by a checkmark in a green circle.) You don’t have Monkey? Get Monkey.
2. Log into Monkey using your Line 6 user name and password (or click the New User button to create a Line 6 account).
3. Install the latest Line 6 drivers. In the Updates tab, highlight Drivers and click Update Selection. (This process may require you to restart your computer.)
IMPORTANT! Windows XP users: If your XP system can’t find the driver file, look for it here: C:\Program Files\Line 6\Tools\Driver Archive\[your gear]\[current driver version]
4. When driver installation is complete, power up your POD X3, POD X3 Live or POD X3 Pro and connect it to your computer via USB. Run Monkey again. (Monkey will recognize your gear and complete its startup.)
5. In the Updates tab, makes sure USB Firmware and Flash Memory are up to date. If either one is not up to date, highlight Device Firmware and click Update Selection.
6. When Drivers and Device Firmware are up to date, you're ready to rock!