What is CustomTone?
CustomTone is a place for you to trade Line 6 presets, and connect with other Line 6 users. It’s totally free so trade and download to your heart’s content.
How does it work?
The basic idea is:
- Download the appropriate editor for your Line 6 hardware at www.Line6.com/software and install it.
- Download tone(s) from CustomTone to your computer, i.e. your Desktop or Downloads folder, by clicking the “Get Tone” button.
- Open the tone(s) in your device’s editor.
- Save tone(s) to your device in the editor.
Before starting, set up your computer by downloading and installing the drivers for your device from www.Line6.com/software.
Use the dropdown menu above to search for the kinds of tones you want, then click the “Get Tone” button for those you want to download. A few notes:
- Searching "All Products" may produce tones that are not compatible with your gear.
- Checking "Show all compatible tones" may produce tones that are compatible with your gear but may have been created with different gear.
- Bundle files contain the exact same number of tones as your hardware. You can choose to send all tones or selected tones to your hardware.
- Send all tones - Use the Send Bundle button to send the bundle to your device. (This will completely reset your device's memory.)
- Send selected tones - Use the Send Selected button to send individual tones to individual channel memories in your hardware.
- Collection files show several folders when displayed on the left side of your product’s editor. To send selected tones to individual channel memories in your hardware, open a folder, highlight a tone, and press the Send Selected button.
After searching for tones, you can sort them by clicking a column label (Style, Tone, Guitarist, etc.).
Icons and Alerts
The Pickup icon shows you whether a guitar tone is intended for single-coil pickups or humbuckers. The Tone Detail Alert icon appears when a tone has special features. Click the icon for details.
You can submit tones to CustomTone.com by clicking the "Upload Tones" button at the top of the page.